Thursday, April 10, 2008

Zero-2-10k

As many people know, I'm an avid poker player. I enjoy the game not so much for the money (though I can't complain about it), but mostly because I love the interaction with other people. Practicing people skills, reading their thoughts, playing on their most basic instincts (greed, fear and anger) is very enjoyable to me (sounds sadistic, but I assure you, it's just for fun).


So a lot of people are following in Chris Ferguson's footsteps. The idea: use strict bankroll management to turn nothing into something. The goal: go from zero to $10,000 using this management and good poker skills. You can read more about what Chris did on his site. Here's the basic rules:


  • I'll never buy into a cash game or a Sit & Go with more than 5 percent of my total bankroll (there is an exception for the lowest limits: I'm allowed to buy into any game with a buy-in of $2.50 or less).

  • I won't buy into a multi-table tournament for more than 2 percent of my total bankroll and I'm allowed to buy into any multi-table tournament that costs $1.

  • If at any time during a No-Limit or Pot-Limit cash-game session the money on the table represents more than 10 percent of my total bankroll, I must leave the game when the blinds reach me.


So, I'm taking up this challenge, and I'll be blogging my progress here. I'll be playing on FullTiltPoker's site, and playing a lot of freerolls to start. In addition to normal freerolls, I will also be using my FTP's to try to earn extra cash and such. For example, there are FTP SnG's where you can win $26 satellite tokens to MTT's. Also, the Poker After Dark freerolls (which start every 10 minutes or so) win you a 100 FTP buy-in to the round 2 MTT. I will generally cash these out in favor of the 100 FTP, so I can use them for more cash oriented games.

No comments:

Post a Comment